Hey y’all! 10 days until my second marathon! Thank you to everyone that has been following along in my obsessive running journey!! I truly appreciate it and we are almost there! Eeee!!
I would like to welcome you to the next 10 days of my marathon series! A countdown. A way to clear my mind. A way to avoid running more than should. You get the point.
Trying to stay sane people.
I think on the first of the series you need to understand the core. Runners are a rare breed.
What It’s Like Being a Runner in a Non-Running World?? …you ask
- Why do we run? …well…why do birds fly? why do bunnies hop? To us…it just makes sense. But, seriously why do people ask us this? Some days I swear running has brainwashed me because I can’t make other people understand my love. Oh, well.
- 99% chance you think runners are weird. Yes, we are. I admit it. It’s just so crazy that we can entertain ourselves on a twenty mile run without a phone, social media, or sometimes even talking to anyone. Such crazy talk.
- I am waving at you while you are driving by to see if you are paying ANY attention to me. Please don’t hit me. Also, please wave back so I KNOW you see me.
- Meeting other people in this world is the most awkward thing ever. So uncomfortable. But, the second we find out the person runs they become our best friend. It’s almost a running pact. If you don’t run, do you eat? We can talk about food. I love food.
- We actually enjoy going to bed early on a Friday night to get ready for a Saturday long run. I mean we live for our long runs. Having energy for a long run and feeling on cloud 9 is worth it. Also, can you plan your parties around my running schedule? Cool, thanks.
- Let me tell you, it is so fun eating all the carbs. All those gooooood things for your runs. Keep cutting carbs…how fun is it? (LOL)
- It feels damn good to accomplish something that YOU worked hard for. If you haven’t had this feeling I suggest you pick a race to run. Train. And, experience a success first hand.
- My only question, can I wear running clothes to whatever you invite me to? No, seriously?
- Non-runners don’t know that a 5k is 3.1 miles. So let me clear this up ….. Half marathon = 13.1…. Marathon =26.2.
Each day in my marathon series I am interviewing someone inspirational.
Today, I want you to meet, Casey. She is my best friend and running the marathon with me! Holla. She is a full time student, she works, and this is her FIRST marathon. I am so excited to be sharing this journey with her! Without further adieu …
Audrey: What does determination mean to you?
Casey: Determination is setting a goal, no matter how small, and working hard everyday to feel the satisfaction that comes with succeeding.
A: What motivates you everyday to work towards your goals?
C: Honestly, when it comes to running, you do! Seeing all of your posts and getting your uplifting and supportive texts keeps me moving and wanting to constantly improve. When it comes T o other aspects like school and furthering my education, my motivation comes from trying to make the peope around me proud-especially my parents!
A: What is your current running jam?
C: I listen to a lot of music that most people wouldn’t consider “pump up” music, like country and Bruno Mars, but I obviously one song I will ALWAYS jam to is Some Nights! (our song…best song)
A: What is the best marathon advice you have read or been told?
C: “Do your long runs!!!!” – Audrey
A: What is your favorite memory of us?
C: There are way too many to count, but if I had to pick one, I’ll say last year when you surprised me by driving 4 hours to come to Thunder Over Louisville to see me when we hadn’t seen each other in over a year. I just started bawling (hysterically) when you Facetimed me telling me you were on your way.
A: We are 10 days out…what is going through your mind?
C: I’m unbelievable excited and can’t stop thinking about the race!! I feel ready and able to conquer 26.2 miles by your side!!