Over my 16 years of running, I have become more picky about my clothing than anything else, leggings included! I want to be able to lift in my leggings and then go for a run right after and then might as well go grocery shopping after that. It’s far beyond the “are these squat proof” requirement.
I have a few “musts” when it comes to my leggings. They have to stay up obviously, they can’t be too tight, they have to be flattering, they have to be the right material, they have to rub right on my thighs, and they have to serve their purpose – for gym or for running or can I do both?
You can be picky too but I made a list of leggings I love and what I like about them! A few splurges because they’re worth it to me – but a few steals that stand up well against the competition! Enjoy!
1. Lululemon Align Pant: (pictured above) This had to be my number one. I love this tight. Simple as that. I have so many colors and the best part is the quality. I love the big waistband that stays up during any exercise and they feel so nice on!
2. Brooks Running Formation Crop: My fav Brooks tights! Normally not a fan of compression tights but these are perfect for running! The new colors (the purple especially) are fire! They are a little thicker of a material so I wear more for an outdoor run than a lift.
3. Fabletics Powerhold Legging: Now I’ve had a few Fabletics leggings and nothing compares to the Powerhold material! The black is so flattering and even has some mesh options that fit really well!! I’m not a VIP member (which is why they’re on my splurge list) but that 2 for $24 is a bit tempting if you like more of their clothes!
4. Nike Epic Lux Tights: Pretty sure I still have a pair of these tights in my closet from high school…wow. Love that there’s a tie waistband, moves with your stride, and just an all around great legging.
5. Athleta Lightning Tight: Big Athleta fan here! These are one of my go-to running tights. My fav part about Athleta is that they have short and tall options! I had a few questions about where I get tights long enough – Athleta!
6. Outdoor Voices TechSweat Leggings: If you follow me on IG (@runningthealley) you know that I live in my OV TechSweat shorts. This material is incredible. You even get a 20% off your first purchase or let me know and I’ll send ya a 20% off link. Really all of their leggings are worth looking at! More compression – do the warmup legging, cute – the two tone legging.
7. ASICS THERMOPLIS TIGHT: I wore this tight more than I should have last fall and winter. I took a hard fall on some ice and ripped a major hole in the knee – I was so mad. Anyways, at only $60 for a tight like this – I’d call it a steal!
8. Colorful Koala High Waisted Legging: Saw how cute these were on a lot of girls I follow on IG and once I saw the price I knew I had to buy them. They are buttery soft and I love the high waisted band on them. For $30 I think I’ll get a few more!
9. 90 Degree Reflex Legging: I’ve had a few pair of these for a few years and they’re still in great shape! These are some of my favorite and comfortable leggings I’ve ever owned! I’ve even snagged a few pair at Marshalls!
10. High Waisted Legging from Old Navy: Old Navy is a great place for basics and their workout clothes are actually very nice for such a good price point!
BONUS: Vuori Performance Jogger: I couldn’t do a post on running bottoms and not include these joggers. Y’all I live in these. I’ve been searching for a comfortable jogger that I liked (especially with my height) and these are it. I travel in them, I run errands in them, I run in them, I sleep in them…I mean you get the point. Everyone said they’re so comfortable and when I finally got a pair – I totally got it.
I’d love to hear what you like to wear for leggings? What is your “go-to” that you just can’t live without?