This post is sponsored by CBDMEDIC but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
It was early in my marathon training cycle when I started remembering the importance of recovery. You know, the sleep, the right fuel, the rolling, stretching, elevating, all the good stuff.
Recovery is so important but it’s almost as if, as we increase mileage, there becomes “less time” to do all those we should be doing OR something happens to make us wish we were recovering all along. Next thing I knew my sleep included a wake up at 2am every night, my legs felt restless, and I developed peroneal tendonitis. The worst right? Mid marathon training, the marathon that would be my comeback race – so pretty important, all of sudden felt like I had setback.
Someone introduced me to Active Sport from CBD Medic and I went to my local CVS to purchase. CBDMEDIC products are the first family of topical medications that combine highly effective analgesic ingredients (like menthol and camphor) with hemp oil or extract and other natural emollients to provide safe, powerful, and effective pain relief. I started rubbing the ointment on the areas that bothered me around my ankle and found that over time this relieved my pain. I started sleeping deeper and felt that my recovery process went a lot smoother and a lot quicker.
Here are 5 tips that helped me get through the marathon training with CBD Medic Active Sport:
- I started applying this ointment before a run! It has Menthol in it which is known for increasing blood flow to the affected areas and increases movement!
- Athletes ice when an injury is swollen and heat when the pain is stress related or chronic. Since my injury at the time was more chronic and stress related – I liked the heat benefits of many ingredients in the CBD ointment including Camphor. This comes from the bark of evergreen trees and produces a sensation of heat when it absorbs through the skin.
- I actually started rubbing this ointment on my shoulders. I carry a lot of my stress in my shoulders and found that I was not relaxing during my runs. I would apply some of this ointment to my shoulders to promote a more relaxed posture and better running form.
- This deep muscle rub does have a strong aroma. You can smell the menthol, the eucalyptus oil, and the other ingredients that are in this product. Perks of this were stress relieving, calm feeling, and I felt like I had better sleep when I applied this at night.
- The best tip I have for this is using it for a boost in your immune system and skin health. Read the full list of ingredients here to read about all the benefits.
Have you ever tried CBD ointment before? What were your results or thoughts on it?